Metal Temple Review-TailGunner

 

TailGunner-CrashDive

http://www.facebook.com/tailgunnerhg

http://www.tailgunnerhq.com

http://www.instagram.com/tailgunnerhq


1.Shadows of War

2. Guns for Hire 

3. White Death

4.Revolution Scream 

5. CrashDive


The members of Tailgunner

Craig Cairns- Vocals

Patrick Vander Vollering- Guitars

Zach Salvini- Guitars

Thomas Hewson-Bss

Sam Caldwell- Drums 

Oolaf Wikstrom-Mixing & Editing


Independent Uk Band TailGunners album CrashDive which was released in early December of 2022 is

 a five track compilation of EP’s. The album art on this draws my attention but there is a lot more to 

music than cool album art.  

The First Track on the album “Shadows of War” while not my favorite track stands firm as a solid Iron

 Maiden style metal track. Their second song “Guns for Hire” I am assuming about Mercenaries and 

veterans reminds me of something you would see in the part in old movies before they have a giant war

 between orcs and men. I just don’t know why they have to use the name of the previous song in the 

next song…it seems a little lacking originality in my opinion. The drumming is cool on this track though 

so props to Sam Caldwell for keeping me entertained on that front. 


‘White Death " their third track and probably has a bit of a speed metal intro and guitar work on the

 album. I think that in singing about war this band brings some awareness to how horrible it is for 

everyone involved. So I have to give them credit for that too. The fourth track on the album “Revolution 

Scream” has some deep lyrics about how everything is terrible and we need to have a revolution, I 

can’t say I disagree, so props to them for being honest at least!


The Final track on this album “CrashDive” I really enjoyed the effect of the submarine going off. That 

was interesting. I guess this song is about war at sea and sub warfare so that's pretty metal, but it

 sounds alot like Iron Maiden. I’m definitely not gonna start showing up at their shows anytime soon, but

 I think I would probably enjoy seeing them live if they ever come to my town. All in all a lot of great 

musicians I just hope they can take it to the next level by making something that doesn’t sound like Iron

 Maiden. 



Songwriting-8.5

Musicianship-8

Memorability-9

Production-8.5

Overall-8.5


Brynn K. StarDew

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temple of the feathered serpent -cosmic jaguar song review

Oujia-FATHOMLESS HYSTEROS review

SandPunk Survivor Ch.10 (Final Chapter)