Metal Temple Review-Krilloan

 

Krilloan- Emperor Rising 

http://Krilloan.bandcamp.com

http://www.facebook.com/KrilloanOfficial 

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTG6DycF7kwesUS3KyzibAg

http://www.instagram.com/krilloan_official/ 

1.Prince of Caledoria

2. Sons of The Lion 

3. Fireborn

4. Return to Melnibone 

5. Emperor Rising 

6. Break of Dawn (Brothers in Arms) 

7. Into The Storm

8. Stormlight 

9. Angels Sacrifice 


Members of the Band Krilloan 

Marco Ignacio Toba-bass

Alex Van True-Lead Vocals

Steve BrockMan-Guitars

Klas Holmgren-Guitars

Kristoff Brandes-Drums 


Well they did it, Swedish band Krilloan which started in 2020 had me turning into a pool of hormones from the first track “Prince of Caledoria”. What's even better is the original album art which reminds me of old Mastodon albums. The music is a lot like thrash metal more than Heavy metal, and has a classic stadium rock sound like Styx.  The second track on the album is called “Sons of The Lion” which sounds similar to the first track although I would like to give a shout out to songwriters Holmgren/Bentsson/ and Reynolds for including song lyrics. The lyrics are still descipherable without them but it really helps alot in the review process. This song is actually really cool! I honestly never would have known if they did not include the lyrics. Ten out of Ten presentation for this element. 


Track three on the album “Fireborn” was cool how the intro had a horse winnie. There is also a definite Rush sound here which reminds me of their albums “Farewell To Kings” and “2112”. I also really love Dragons so I can really get into this track. “Return to Melnibone” almost has a Dungeon Synth like sound with its ambient effects and noises which I do enjoy, however this ultimately reflects a lack of originality.


The Title track “Emperor Rising” sounds like the rest of the tracks, but there is more here like printed lyrics so I can actually understand them. There is also a beautiful story here about an Emperor and their noble Dragon Companion, which I highly recommend to my readers. Song number seven “Into The Storm” I think something like this or the previous track “Brothers in Arms” could easily be feautured in a movie scene where there is some kind of great battle depicting lots of dragons fighting ariel battles in the sky. Dang if only I were a movie producer. 


In terms of Melodic Metal musicianship track eight “Stormlight” is really on point. I really enjoyed the guitar solo of Steve Brockman at ‘4:00’. Track nine “Angels of Sacrifice” I really love this beautiful track, it almost has a rock gospel feel at 1:42 till 2:05 which was really interesting! I love the Seraphim Angel on their bandcamp page too LJ Koh definitely deserves some credit here too and so does this band for hiring a professional artist. 


SongWriting 9

Musicianship 9

Memorability 8

Production 10 

Overall 9


Brynn Kali StarDew

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temple of the feathered serpent -cosmic jaguar song review

Oujia-FATHOMLESS HYSTEROS review

SandPunk Survivor Ch.10 (Final Chapter)