Steel Inferno-Evil Reign Review : Metal Temple Magazine

 Steel Inferno- Evil Reign
http://steelinferno.dk
http://facebook.com/steelinferno666/
1.First Strike
2.Breakout
3. Sirens of The Air
4. Caught by Her Web
5. Succubus
6. Dark Tower
7. No Escape
8. Queen
9. Jaws of Evil
Members of the Band Steel Inferno
Chris Rostoff: Vocals
Jens Anderson:Guitars
Thierry Zubritovsky: Bass
Lars Lyndorff: Guitars
Krzysztof Baran: Drums
I really enjoyed listening to this album, it reminded me a lot of Slayer meets Metallica. I know
there are alot of other classic influences here such as Judas priest in the song “Sirens of the
Air” which I assume is about Aerial combat, it was hard to hear the lyrics of “More Than meets
the eye” and “First Strike” but you kind of get the idea of what the album is going to be about
from the art right? It has good Guitar and that's what's important right?
“Caught by her Web” The machine gun-esque drumming by Krzysztof Baran was excellent
and I can really relate to this after going through a few bad relationships in the past. The Song
“Succubus” I have to say has a very original title…none the less… I can relate to it alot as I
have done my fair share of haunting peoples dreams with my good looks . The vocals were also
a lot clearer than other tracks.
Track number six “The Dark Tower” was pretty good. I’m not sure if this is a reference to the
dark tower series or just the album art but I liked the story it told. It seems as though there is a
gauntlet of foes the main character has to fight through to reach this post-apocalyptic fortress.
The Song “Queen” according to its lyrics is about “the queen of the moon” but I don’t really see
how. This is just some random lyric, will someone please explain this to me. I could hear she is
mighty, so is the succubus the queen? Or is it whoever is in the dark tower? It really seems like
this whole album is about a spider succubus queen who lives in a Dark Tower and talks on the
phone .
Moving one we have “Jaws of Evil” which is the finishing track on the album. Kerry King
would be proud of this intro though done by Jens Anderson & Lars Lyndorff, a very solid and

good metal guitar intro if I do say so myself. The rest of the band's vocals were cool too, again
though I’m not sure how original this really is within the Heavy Metal genre.
SongWriting 8
Musicanship 8
Memorability 8
Production 8
Overall 9
Brynn Kali StarDew

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temple of the feathered serpent -cosmic jaguar song review

Oujia-FATHOMLESS HYSTEROS review

SandPunk Survivor Ch.10 (Final Chapter)